VLC for Android 1.7.5 Apk
VLC for Android needs access to :
• “Device & app History” to be able to read logs, to help understand crashes and issues, so we can improve VLC.
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Device ID & call information” in order to pause music/video during incoming and outgoing phone calls.
• “Other” to check network connections and hide the streaming parts when needed.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read phone status an identity”, in order to pause music during outgoing and incoming calls.
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “control vibration”, in order to provide UI feedback when seeking in the video and audio players.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
– For Android TV app only:
• It needs “record audio ” for audio search using your microphone.
• It needs “to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen.
This version is for all devices except ARMv6 devices. They will be supported in a future release.
VLC on Android 1.7.3
1.7.3 is fixing a few crashes. focus and overlay issues, and improvements for the TV.
1.7.0 release is removing many permissions from the application, and is the first step for Android 6.0 permissions (planned for 1.8.0).
There is a new subtitle engine, for complex text and Unicode support..
We’ve changed the notification, the lockscreen and the Bluetooth control to be more standard. We’ve worked to simplify the code and use more standard libraries and widgets.